Lighting Design Engineer
AE7 Dubai is looking for a senior level Lighting Designer to work on regional and international projects. Preferred candidates will have experience with projects of various sizes and scale.
Reporting to: Director of Electrical Engineering
- Assist with the concept development, visualization, calculations and design development of specialist lighting (i.e. front-of-house, landscape and façade)
- Ability to develop conceptual and creative design options based on the end user expectations and vision
- Coordinate with the Client, Interior and Landscape Designers to understand their requirement and articulate this into a look, feel and define the lighting theme for the development
- Attend and present the lighting design to clients to obtain their approvals
- Coordinate closely with the Interior and Landscape Designers to ensure that the proposed lighting themes reflect their vision of the project
- Coordinate with and provide the electrical engineers with all technical cutsheets of the selected light fixtures
- Ability to use lighting program design software. Complete knowledge, understanding and experience on lighting simulation software such as Dialux and AGI32
- Technical experience with smart lighting design including lighting themes, zones and controls
- To have experience with lighting requirement and the interdependencies that enables advanced technologies to be applicable and feasible such as hallogram, interactive screens, etc.
- Design within safety practices, cost-effective solutions, and energy performance
- Awareness of the latest insights, trends and creative influences in lighting design and controls.
- Intimate knowledge of industry design practices, regulations, and products.
- Quality design needs to be produced and dispatched in a timely manner to meet clients’ schedules and expectations.
- Able to prepare project specifications for the specialty lighting section
Qualities & skills required
- Proficiency in REVIT is preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a lighting designer
- Excellent English (written and verbal) communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy and application skills in MS Outlook and MS Office applications
- Strong work ethic and ability to use own initiative