Senior Interior Designer
AE7’s Pittsburgh office is looking for a variety of talented Senior Interior Designers and Interior Architects. Preferred candidates will have expertise in one or more of the following fields and/or have a good foundation in the general practice of multiple project types. Candidates shall have the experience to create proposals to respond to client RFP’s, identify and manage project scope, coordinate and manage necessary consultants and excel at the ability to execute a project from concept design through construction documentation with little to no supervision. Projects range from tenant fit‐out to stand alone buildings of all scales and sizes.
• Food & Beverage
• Healthcare & Wellness
• Responsibilities include concept, schematic, design development and construction documentation/specifications, construction administration
• Strong design/detailing/documentation capabilities
• FF&E selection/specification
• Able to manage/mentor project team(s)
• Able to coordinate consultants and other disciplines
• Able to scope potential projects/proposals, manage deliverables and schedules, manage fees/profitability
• Able to perform code and accessibility review/compliance
Qualities & skills required
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Interior Design/Interior Architecture
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field.
• Strong knowledge of IBC, ADA and life safety requirements
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to use some of the following: Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch up, Rhino, Grasshopper, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• NCIDQ certification
• LEED/WELL Building
• Business Development skills/Networking involvement
Qualified candidates should provide their resume, portfolio, and if desired, a cover letter. All attachments should be in PDF format not exceeding 10 MB in total. The submission should be sent to email@example.com and include the exact position (Senior Interior Designer – Pittsburgh) the candidate is applying for in the subject line.
Candidates that are applying for US based employment must satisfy the requirements of an I-9 and have residency in the US at this time.