Lead Landscape Architect - Design
AE7 is looking for an experienced Lead Landscape Architect to lead their team in Dubai. Preferred candidates will have experience / expertise in Master Planning, Destination Developments, Parks and other multidisciplinary projects of various sizes and scale.
Reporting to: Principal
- Planning, Creation and Execution of all landscape design project stages
- Quality control of product deliverables
- Quality assurance for all stage deliverables being in correspondence of client brief and project contract compliance. Quality assurance that design is constructible and in line with local design codes and regulations.
- Project Specifications preparation and Quantity Surveying assistance.
- Daily Supervision, Support and Assistance to Team members with day-to-day tasks or development goals.
- Close coordination with Project Management
- Weekly preparation of workload distribution and time management analysis with coordination of Company management, Weekly progress reports on projects development and look ahead planning.
- Preparation of project cost analysis in response to potential RFP’s including sub consultants.
- Supervise Landscape Design, Drafting, Reports and Technical Coordination in line with project program
- Technical and Design coordination of Landscape Design with Project Managers and Project Stakeholders
- Project progress meeting attendance and preparation of meeting minutes.
- Client meetings and presentation of project development,
- Site attendance for quality control and site supervision coordination with Contractor, Client, Authorities, or other project stakeholders.
- Coordination of Landscape Mockups preparation.
Qualities & skills required
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the field of Landscape Design Architecture of which Minimum 10 Years of Work Experience within Middle East region or Middle East projects.
- Excellent analytic skills in regards of project scope and content understanding in line with project stakeholder’s interface.
- Creativity for overall project placemaking and details creation.
- Capability to efficiently guide, navigate and supervise team members, transferring Overall design vision to documentation development and assuring design visions are being implemented within further stage of project and understood by other parties and project stakeholders.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning or Landscape Engineering.
- Excellent understanding of Landscape Architecture and its interface with other project stake holders. Effective communication with project teams through designated channels.
- Excellent in Hand sketching Landscape Design Plans, Sections, Elevations and Axonometry of Design Intend.
- Excellent understanding of project scale.
- Proficient Communication and Presentation skills ( Verbal and Written Form )
- Team leading skills with responsibility for time efficient deliveries of various project stages.
- Excellent understanding of Horticulture, Irrigation, Civil, Infrastructure and MEP principles
- Excellent understanding of Construction Principles, Material composition and its Life Cycles as well as its relevant costs.
- Excellent knowledge of Local Building Code Requirements, Local Authorities guidelines and regulations.
- Knowledge of Construction standards relevant to Landscape construction
- Excellent understanding of Geophysics and Hydrology principles applicable for Land Forming, Storm Water Management and Grading
- Clear understanding of Landscape Lighting Principles ( Typology, Use, Distribution and General distribution requirements )
- Clear understanding of manmade Water Bodies principles in terms of constructability, cost, operation, and maintenance.
- Proficient in supervising and producing Concept Design, Schematic to Detail Design packages,
- Understanding and Support of Quantity Surveying.
- Clear understanding of project and contract management.
- Clear understanding of pos-contract / site supervision principles, forms, and contract management on level of site landscape architect.
- Proficient in project time and cost estimate preparation in response to RFP’s
- Supervise, organize, and review the work of staff
- Affective project progress reporting and deployment planning.
- Able to prepare analysis, compile technical data and statistics.
- Proficient in ( Auto CAD, Sketchup, Adobe and Microsoft software packages, REVIT is welcomed, future knowledge required)
- Excellent team management skills.