Pittsburgh, PA USA
AE7 Pittsburgh is looking for a variety of Senior Architects to work on domestic and/or international work. Preferred candidates will have expertise in one or more of the following fields and/or have a good foundation in the general practice of multiple project types.
- Commercial / Tenant Fit-out
- Higher Education
- Retail / Tenant Fit-out
Candidates should have experience in project management and excel at the ability to execute a project from concept design through construction documentation with little to no supervision. Projects range from tenant fit-out to stand alone buildings of all scales and sizes.
- Able to project manage and/or work through concept, schematic, design development and construction documentation / specifications stages
- Able to design / detail / create & review project documents
- Able to manage / mentor project team(s)
- Able to coordinate and manage consultants and other disciplines
- Able to scope potential projects / proposals, manage deliverables and schedules, manage fees/profitability
Qualities & skills required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in architecture / architecture interiors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field
- Strong knowledge of IBC, ADA and life safety requirements and the ability to navigate local city / municipality requirements
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use some of the following: Bluebeam, Revit, AutoCAD, 3ds Max, Sketch up, Rhino, Grasshopper, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Architecture licensure
- LEED / Well Building certification
- Business Development skills / Networking involvement
- Qualified candidates should submit a resume and portfolio electronically. All submissions should be in PDF format (under 10MB) with applicant’s name in the filename.