Senior Electrical Engineer
AE7 Dubai is looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to work on international projects. Preferred candidates will have experience with projects of various sizes and scale.
Reporting to: Electrical Department Manager
- As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be expected to have a full knowledge and expertise in lighting, power, fire alarm system, voltage drop and short circuit current calculations, drawing production and report writing.
- Candidates shall have full knowledge of DEWA, ADDC, FEWA, SEC, SBC etc. and submission preparations to Saudi authorities
- Design according to local authority standards and obtain necessary design NOC/s
- To manage and coordinate the efficient production of documentation on multiple projects, simultaneously.
- Take a lead role to design projects from concept phase through construction documents.
- Preparing technical specifications
- Regularly attend Client and authorities meetings
- Coordinate with Architects, Interior Designers, Structural Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Specialty Lighting Consultants, Landscape Designers, etc.
- The candidate must be able to work well independently and to manage a team of electrical engineers and electrical Revit operators to successfully deliver projects on time and in budget
- The candidate must be detail oriented and well organized with effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- To supervise the work of other members of the out-sourcing design team.
Qualities & skills required
- Electrical Engineering Degree from a nationally accredited engineering program
- 15+ years of experience in the design industry
- Experience in electrical design software – IES, Amtech, Etab, Dialux, etc.
- Demonstrated Proficiency with International Design Codes and Standards, including NFPA, NEC and British Standards requirements.
- Strong communication skills in writing and speaking, with high proficiency in English
- Good report writing skills
- Understanding multidisciplinary coordination
- Experience in attending meetings with authorities and with clients
- Ability to manage the workload of a team of engineers and Revit operators
- Able to communicate with and manage an electrical out-sourcing design team and coordinate across disciplines to achieve quality and timelines
- Carry out assignments as set out by AE7 Management.